Sustainable employment is not something we talk about enough.
In this conversation with Steve Beaumont we scratch the surface of an issue which needs a higher profile.
We looked at:
- human activity being replaced by automation eg automatic check out at supermarkets, automated call centres
- exporting jobs to other countries
- sharing the work between more people with each doing less
- the secretarial work now carried out by executives
- fear in the workplace
- surge of interest in humanistic values
- passing the baton of change in society to the rising generation.
I would love you to share your thoughts about sustainable employment in the Comments below.
What opportunities, possibilities, innovations, value shifts do you see?
What does the workplace in 2113 look like to you?